Saturday, March 31, 2007

 

Pussy Delayed

(6)

Uh-oh. It seemed to me as I read the previous posts that I intended a political message. Not! Forget that dubious interpretation. Ain't so.

Which brings us to the end of this week's drunken ruminations: Pope Benedict (PB) announced recently that Hell is a real place (state?) and not just a religious metaphor. This is bad news. PB is obviously a fundamentalist hardliner. It was this announcement which attracted my attention to the question. Don't get me wrong: I like PB even though he has a smile somewhat resembling that of an SS official from the Hitler era.

Really. I like this new pope, if not his smile.

So I was a bit disappointed (but at the same time delighted!) to see in the news recently that he endorsed the idea of Eternal Punishment. What a gloriously bizarre idea! Here is the leader of a billion or more idiots who subscribes to the old and odius idea that you will burn forever unless you do the will of an ancient tribal god. Wow. And this is 2007!

Please believe me when I say I believe that PB's smile is most certainly genetic, not idiological: Some Germans tend to smile that way. Indeed the whole question is unfair, and I apologize for that to my German friends if any.

And not that PB and I necessarilly disagree in other matters: I like his idea of bringing back the Latin Mass, for example. Really. I have always loved Latin for its incomprehensibility. What a language! It always seemed to me during my altar boy days that Latin was... esoteric, which is to say that the language was well suited to the subject at hand (The Mass). I flunked high school Latin time and again. I could never get beyond, 'amo, amas, amat...' I never passed. Father Manning flunked me consistently not only in Latin but in Apologetics. We apparently had a 'thing' going. I eventually graduated at the end of my thirteenth year of school when I passed the apologetics test too late to go to the prom. No pussy for me that year but I would get plenty of pussy after arriving in Japan a year or two later.

I think that Father Manning was hoping I would become a priest. Uh-uh.

Nofuckingwayhofuckingzay!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?