Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 

News About Downstairs

(1)

I went downstairs today and talked to Don, the fella who is doing the remodeling work down there. The walls appeared to be all done. I was curious about whether Don had used any insulating foam sealant inside the walls to prevent gas from 304 from finding its way down between the walls to 104. Don appeared to have no clue about what I meant and I believed him. If sealant was used for that purpose it was probably done by somebody else before Don began his work. My curiosity about this possibility was raised recently by a huge increase in their gassing attack, actually a 'spike' which happened on 3-17 and continued at a reduced level on 3-18 and 3-19. I thought that they might be testing the effectiveness of that hypothetical sealant. 3-17 was also Saint Paddy's Day, so maybe that occasion was the trigger. By the way, Don is obviously much better at drywalling than he is at spelling. And during the course of our conversation today Don revealed that he is a member of the Colorado National Guard and is elligible for service in Iraq. I shook his hand and wished him luck.

Kootch tells me that our insurance company has denied the claim of water damage to the apartment below based on their negligence: they failed to inform us of the leak in time to prevent extensive damage. I concur. In fact, when I first talked to Jim I pointed out this fact, but Jim went ahead with his claim anyway, possibly hoping to scam the insurance company. Jim wont get his money from us either. We will refuse to pay. (Suck on that, Jim-boy.) I told Kootch as we discussed the subject today that she might offer to pay for the ceiling damage to their bathroom. I see that as a reasonable claim.

And yet another water-off period is scheduled from 0900-1300 tomorrow. I plan to be hungover.

One last possibly-related development: Two or three weeks ago there was a problem with our mailbox - the key would not turn. It was as if somebody had inserted part of a paper clip in the works. Kooth called the post office and complained. But next day the key worked perfectly. Hmm. At least one expected letter did not show up (from the Kaiser coag unit). And today my credit card bill is way past due, which is to say that it has not arrived. Most interesting. Are they about to destroy my credit rating? We shall see...
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?