Friday, March 23, 2007

 

Millions of Feet

(3)

Before leaving today's proceedings I want to mention that the cop who visited me today was - unlike Kelso - an excellent representative of the ACSD. He had the usual (and understandable) 'cop paranoia' but he conducted himself impecably. We need more such cops.

Concerning the missing credit card bill: I called the company in question and they confirmed that they had issued a bill on the 9th of march, and that a payment was due on the 29th. I opted to pay the entire bill (over 300 dollars as I recall - the Kaiser procedures alone were 250 dollars) over the phone. It was an agonizing decision because 'they' were listening as I gave (tap) my mother's maiden name, and the 'routing number' followed by the 'account number' of my checking account.

Before making the call I had talked to the mailman. I had explained that one of my credit card bills was late (tap). I wondered whether it had been misdelivered. After searching for it amid the current mail he explained that such mail was sorted by machine and that if there was indeed a misdelivery (am I spelling that right?) it was probably delivered to 'an adjacent apartment.' That was useful information: somebody in the building probably got my mail. But nobody slipped it under my door. Naughty-naughty.

I love the concept of the 'found sentence.' I learned it from a favorite blog. It seems to me that here is a way to send out a significant message inside a small capsule. So I will incorporate the idea in my posts beginning with this one: 'Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy sunday afternoon.' I am worried about Anne. What a beautiful woman. We do not want to lose her.

My god it's after midnight and I am only in the third post! Here is yet another found sentence: A closed mouth gathers no feet.

So true. And I would paraphrase that by substituting 'idle fingertips' in place of 'a closed mouth.'


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?