Friday, March 02, 2007

 

God is a Dubious Idea

(3)

(Religious underpants. Do you know what I mean?)

(Don't get me wrong: I LOVE underpants (tap). I can do without men's underpants but I absolutely LOVE women's underpants: I wear them all the time. I even wear them in the shower. I would never take a shower naked, and I would never wear men's underpants in the shower. Indeed, I do not even own even a single pair of men's underpants. Never will.)

So where were we? Ah: Convert global Pandemonium: 800 million folks would suddenly be up for grabs by the Global Religious Community. What would such a situation produce in the Sociological sense? It is a fascinating question given modern media's cultural influence.

The worldwide religious reaction would be impressive: Jews would renounce circumcision. Muslims would follow suit in hopes of attracting converts. Buddhists would meditate more intensely. It would be a wild time on Planet Earth as various religions sought to increase membership in an unprecedented, perhaps unique, environment. But would the New Emancipes be impressed by all the religious hoopla? I think not. I think that after their initial horror they would eventually become adjusted to the new paradigm: God is a dubious idea.

They would become Godless.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?