Thursday, March 08, 2007

 

Cover Story

(2)

It was all a lie, of course, a 'cover story.'

I asked him how many years the apartment had been 'unproductive.' He could not recall that. He needed to check his records. I got the impression that this fella was being extremely deceptive and uncooperative. Recalling that he had a Jewish-sounding last name I asked him whether he was Jewish. The question appeared to irritate him. He replied, 'No. Are you?' I might as well have asked him whether he was queer. In the course of the conversation he volunteered that he had owned the apartment since 1983. He wanted me to know that. I found the information interesting because that was the year Kootch bought hers. This was on monday, 3-5-7.

Yesterday the water was turned off from 9 am - 12 pm in order to allow the fella doing the work down there to solder the pipes back together. ((You may remember that I conjectured some time ago that in order to remove 'ground' from our apartment they cut the supply pipes and inserted plastic sections. I conjectured that this was done to render my makeshift 'Faraday shield' against electromagnetic radiation, ineffective.) Kootch came home yesterday around noon and turned on the cold water tap. The water was still off. Soon thereafter we got a query from below about leaking water. I went downstairs and saw that water was dripping from one of the copper pipes leading upstairs from the kitchen. The plumber was in the process of soldering in a new section and the water was interfering with what he was doing. I told him what had happened and he resumed. I also got to view the problem with our bathtub: water was leaking from the tub drain pipe into the tub below.)

So what really happened down there to flood the apartment to the point that everything below waist level had to be removed?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?