Friday, January 19, 2007

 

We Need Him Back

(3)

So in my quest for the truth I resorted to the brown telephone once again. It seemed to me that we really needed to know how to treat this chimp. Thus representing Humanity, I picked up the telephone with some trepedation and dialed 666. God answered immediately.
----------
gd: Hello.
me: Hi there. You know, of course, why I'm calling?
gd: I know better than you know.
me: So what is it? Jesus or just a chimp?
gd: An unfortunate mix-up. Don't worry about it.
me: We only want to know.
gd: If you must know it was a DNA problem.
me: DNA?!
gd: One of the angels in the (?) department misread the formula. He has since been fired.
me: Fired?
gd: Exactly.
me: Oooo. Sounds gruesome.
gd. Errors are costly. Satisfied now?
me: Not exactly. What happened with the DNA?
gd: The fired employee misread the order and substituted the wrong formula. A simple mistake.
me: Ah, that explains it. So tell me: how is Jesus doing nowadays? Copacetic?
gd: More or less. But there is a problem. We need Him back.
me: Don't you already have Him?
gd: Unfortunately, no. He's a chimp. We need Him back. Now.
----------

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?