Friday, January 26, 2007

 

Searching for the Kingdom of God

(5)

In my next (next week) missive I intend to elaborate on tonight's messages as well as commenting on 'The God Delusion.' I will zero-in on the emotional origins of nonsense. I will point out that nonsense is emotional, never logical. Logic and emotion live in different universes. Never the twain shall meet.

I also intend to elaborate on the concept of 'The Kingdom of Heaven' (or The Kingdom of God mentioned previously) from the point of view of a sophisticated commentator, P. D. Ouspensky. Furthermore I will point out that the human inclination to preceed logic with emotion is, in the modern world, contraindicated. I will suggest that in a modern world logic should take precedence over emotion. Emotion's time in human affairs has come and gone. Indeed, emotion seems to be antithetical to human progress nowadays.

I will also quote Ouspensky concerning the meaning of 'The Kingdom of Heaven, or 'The Kingdom of God.' Example: Ouspensky says that... 'the Kingdom of Heaven can be attained during life.' (page 143, A New Model of the Universe.)

Sounds fascinating.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?