Friday, January 05, 2007

 

The God Delusion

(2)

'Is an ethical Congress possible?' The question is currently (1627L) being debated on Tucker. The answer, of course, is: 'Only if Congress is ethical.' Given that answer it would seem to follow that... hmm.

My Christmas present arrived today, a week late. Looks impressive! In fact it looks so impressive that I will list the table of contents here. Book title: The God Delusion. Author: Richard Dawkins, naughty evolutionist. As I opened the book I noticed first that this is only the third Dawkins book I will have read, The Selfish Gene and A Devil's Chaplain being the other two. As I ventured further (into the Table of Contents) I came across chapter nine titled, Childhood, Abuse, And The Escape From Religion. I thought, 'Aha! He must have a blurb on Neo-natal Circumcision here!' Wrong. The only circumcision reference was to Female Circumcision.

The TOC follows:
1 A DEEPLY RELIGIOUS NON-BELIEVER
2 THE GOD HYPOTHESIS
3 ARGUMENTS FOR GOD'S EXISTENCE
4 WHY THERE IS ALMOST CERTAINLY NO GOD
5 THE ROOTS OF RELIGION
6 THE ROOTS OF MORALITY: WHY ARE WE GOOD?
7 THE 'GOOD' BOOK AND THE CHANGING MORAL ZEITGEIST
8 WHAT'S WRONG WITH RELIGION? WHY BE SO HOSTILE?
9 CHILDHOOD, ABUSE AND THE ESCAPE FROM RELIGION
10 A MUCH NEEDED GAP?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?