Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

Fantasy versus Policy

(3)

Which brings us to politics. I am not very political. I place myself somewhere inside the vast middle of American opinion in that regard.

But I saw on tv today that the Democratic Platform seemed to lack a coherent agenda. Apparently the Democrats are counting on the final denounment of Bush's Middle East fantasy to convince Americans to reject The Republicans. Those Democrats are probably correct.

Butt it seems to me that - as the report suggested - Democrats need to offer something positive. So here is my suggestion (tap): Democrats should make it mandatory in the proposed universal health care system that neonatal circumcision not be covered. It is a modest proposal. Current science suggests that neonatal circumcision is contraindicated. Indeed, it is very clear that neonatal circumcision amounts to Judeo-Mohammedization. While it is true that Jesus was circumcised it is also clear that He had no say in the matter, being an infant. The Democrats should make it clear that Jesus is not to be emulated in that regard.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?