Friday, November 24, 2006

 

Unfinished Business

(1)

I'm here from Enough... And in answer to the objection that, by simply writing about the obsessed stalker and his machinations I enable the stalker to experience the emotional rewards of 'participation,' I concur, but some things can't be ignored.

Here is more on The Book of Job.

Zaptxt looks interesting. What do you get when you type in, 'VOOT?'

Rereading the subjects from last week the only one which really connects is the one on 'glasses.' Here's the story: I recently got my eyes examined. This was more for routine health reasons than for 'vision-problem' reasons. But since I might be soon leaving Denver I decided to have a back-up set of glasses made based on the most recent measurments. Bad idea.

The examination appeared to be routine, but when the resulting glasses arrived they were not acceptable because they were not as good as my current glasses. Furthermore they produced a weird feeling in my eyes. I got the impression that one of my eyes was 'having to work' in order to focus in synch with the other eye: one of the lenses was ever-so-slightly out of focus. Both the 'computer' glasses and the 'distance' glasses had this same defect. The doctor who examined me and the technician who attended me suggested that this unacceptable situation would correct itself 'in hours or days.' Bullshit. I know enough about the visual system to reject this explanation. True, my visual system would probably adjust to the new glasses, maybe. But that would leave my old (backup) glasses incompatible. Not acceptable. They should both be interchangable.

I had the measurments redone (at a cost of 20 dollars). The new values were somewhat different, but the doctor, a Ms Juba (stomp) ( Hi there doc! yes, I promised you I would not use your name but this is war and you have unfortunately become involved. Give my regards to Anna Kosyleon, and don't forget to provide her with the blog addresses!) suggested that the new values were within the range of probable error. At the end of the second examination Dr Juba asked me to compare the new prescription to my current glasses. The result was that my current glasses were preferable.

This raises the question of where Gerashian money got involved: (1) Doctor Juba? (2) The Kaiser optics department? (3.) The manufacturer? All the world wants to know. Not me. I only want a good set of backup glasses.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?