Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Crimes Against Humanity

(1)

The Goon Bible Project is a fun view of the story of Job. I remember hearing at least two sermons on the subject of Job way back in my teenage Catholic days. I was not impressed. It seemed to me that God (now known as WHTZSFCKNGNM) actually conspired with His arch enemy, Satan, to punish Job for being such a great fan of God! It was an Almighty Ego trip. It turned my stomach then and it turns my stomach now. Funny that I don't remember the fate of Job's children. Did Satan really kill them? If so, then those priests must have glossed over that unfortunate aspect of the story. Yuck. What a Prick.

An Atheist's lament is a fine article by Sam Harris (The End of Faith) lamenting the unfortunate juxtaposition of ancient religion and a modern world. Nothing good can come of it.

As I was reflecting on these two links a few days ago I came up with the idea of putting God on trial for Crimes Against Humanity. Such a trial would resemble the trial of Saddam Hussein. Much of the evidence for the prosecution of such a trial would come from the very old and odious Word of God Hisself (The VOOT). Is this not a delicious idea?

I envision such a trial beginning in Genesis with The Creation. The prosecution would show that God created two totally innocent new beings, then set them up for a catastrophic fall which they had absolutely no chance of avoiding. The game was rigged against them from the start. And when those unfortunate victims of God did indeed fall (sin against God by eating the Forbidden Fruit), God did not limit His vengance to them alone, but included all their future children in the bargain. How grotesque!

I predict that such a trial will find God 'guilty as charged.' I furthermore predict that such a trial will make Saddam Hussein appear saintly by comparison. Go get 'im, boys!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?