Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Hocus Fucking Pocus

(3)

Today had a hilarious piece on the 'Holy Land' this morning. What a hoot! Matt Lauer hosted part of the show, as usual, but from Jerusalem. To be fair to Matt I don't think he quite realized how unintentionally funny his exposition was to folks like me. But I could be wrong. In fact I probably am wrong. Matt is one sharp dude, on a par with Fast Al Roker.

Today had previously named the subject, 'It,' and the audience was invited to guess what the subject of 'It' actually was. I guessed it immediately, of course: religion. I found 'The Holy Land' to be quite funny. The reason is, of course, that 'The Holy Land' is not at all that fucking 'holy.' On the contrary, that land is cursed. It should be called, 'The Accursed Land,' the land bequeathed to The Jews by their stupid god, WHTZSFCKNGNM' (pronounced, whatzisfuckingname).

That's what it should be called. But it is called 'The Holy Land' instead, because it is the land where the world's two dominant religions compete for power.

This brings us to, 'The Idea of the Holy.' I bought that book many years ago in downtown Denver at a used book sale. I loved the title! I (boom) thought I had stumbled on (boom) a revelation (boom). I read it eagerly. But it turned out to be cra(stomp)p. Metaphysical crap, having nothing whatsoever to do with psychedelic drugs.

That book is gone now, inhabiting the genre of 'Raymond's Crappy Books.' My guess is that it currently resides in The Gerash Library along with Jewish Power, and The Psychology of the Chess Player.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?