Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

A Pathetic Failure

(5)

She flew safely back to Atlanta after her visit to Denver.

My opinion of my mother began to go downhill about age twelve: she abandoned me and my brother to nuns in a Catholic orphanage. That opinion never recovered. After returning to her 'care' three or four years later it was still going downhill. We had no medical care, no dental care. My brother almost died from Appendicitis because of her 'motherly' negligence. I never visited a dentist. My first visit to a dentist happened in Japan after I had Joined the USAF. My mother apparently approved the circumcision of my brother at age eleven, for bed-wetting reasons. He was 'cured by circumcision.' My brother and I were thereafter forever separated by Penis Envy.
I remember suggesting to my mother that (as we drove west of Denver) the obvious geological strata indicated an ancient Earth History. She would have none of it. She was unalterably committed to Biblical Theory in that regard. My mother is by far the most ignorant woman I have met, next to Kootch. She was of at least average intelligence, but her ignorance was breathtaking, as is that of Kootch.

I still remember the intense pleasure I felt when she descended into the basement of our house on South Franklin street. She suggested that she could move in with us and fix up the basement and live there indefinitely. Sheeeit! I took great pleasure in informing her that her fantasy had no possible future in it. She got the message and headed back to Atlanta.

Over many years, as I reflected on my mother's performance as 'mother,' I arrived at the conclusion that she was an abject failure: I hated her.

I did not attend her funeral. What a pathetic failure she was!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?