Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

My Mother


(4)

I was forced to go back to my notes for last Friday night in order to come up with a new idea here. I selected 'banned books week' as the best subject. I love the idea of 'banned books' because I hate the idea of limiting human curiosity for any reason - especially for ecclesiastical reasons. Hmm. Apparently one of my future screen names has already been preempted by the title of a book on that list: Captain Underpants. Oh, well... Darn.

Here is my mother with 9666 Risky (tap) as backdrop. She visited us in Denver and I flew her around the local area in order to demonstrate to her that her predictions concerning my future prospects were in error. My mother was one of those people who subscribed to the idea that negative feedback was the most effective way of suppressing undesirable behavior in children. She was wrong about that, of course. One of her favorite 'put-downs' was that I would never become a pilot. So I proved her wrong by taking her up in triple six Risky. Kootch rode along in the rear seat, taking pictures. Kootch loved my mother as a matter of Japanese duty: Japanese wives automatically love their mothers in law. No exceptions.
I tried to scare her on this occasion by doing some hairy maneuvers. No joy: she had already made a pact with God to the effect that she would remain free from airplane accidents for the duration of her visit to Denver.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?