Wednesday, October 11, 2006

 

My Favorite Products



(6)

I hated my father too, of course: here was a mariage made in Hell. And I was offspring! Nor did I attend my father's funeral. I am not big on funerals. I may not attend my own funeral.

So when I married Kootch I set my 'fatherly sights' on doing it better than my parents. It was obviously a case of 'aiming low.' It was easy. Here is Jenny:

As you can see, Jenny is a gloriously beautiful young woman. (Right Lung Gas here (tap above)). In the left photo she is being attended by her older sister, Kathy. The picture at the right might be her high school graduation photo.

The picture at the left shows my record player, on which I heard so many Beethoven pieces while tripping. It also shows my 'chess art.' I created this piece from a plywood square. I then cut out 64 squares of velvet. I then glued a large square of sheet metal to the plywood. Then I glued the felt squares to the sheet metal in the form of a chess board. Then I carved the chess pieces out of thick balsa. Then I glued magnets to the back of each piece. Then I added balsa strips behind the pieces to stabilize the pieces while they clung magnetically to the metal underneath the felt squares.

Satisfied with the final product I hung it on the wall. I often produced well known chess positions in 'the opening' on my creation. A chess game could easily be played on this board. I had made a similar magnetic chess board a year or two earlier, and had learned from the mistakes. Last I saw of it was at the Denver Chess Club 'mobile version' near I-25 and Broadway. I still have the version depicted in the photo.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?