Tuesday, October 31, 2006

 

Flight Simulator X

(5)

Not one trick-or-treater (thump) arrived tonight. This leaves Kootch and me with a bunch of candy which we will no doubt dispose of in due time. Yez...

I recently bought Flight Simulator X (ten). So far I am not impressed. Firstly, it took the better part of an hour to install it. Then I had to download the latest drivers (very scary if you are as paranoid as I am).

I chose, as my first flight, the Boeing 737-800. Barf! What a piece of shit! The outside depiction was junk. The inside depiction (the cockpit) was also junk. In fact, those pathetic folks who created both the cockpit view and the external view seemed to have forgotten that the major difference between the 'virtual' cockpit and the 'actual' cockpit was essentially characturistic: the fucking idiots actually attempted to make them similar! Thumbs down on the heads of the Design Team: you idiots should be fucking fired! Shame on you!

The screen shots during installation were impressive, suggesting that FSX has a huge amount of global detail. If so, that is good news.

Those same screen shots suggested that there is a huge amount of detail in the the 'minor' airplanes. We shall see. My advice at this point is that you should not waste your good money on this latest fiasco from Microsoft. But stay tuned... I might change my mind.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?