Friday, October 06, 2006

 

A Disaster

(3)

The new dentures are doing fine, it's me that has the problem. The expected soreness peaked yesterday morning and is decreasing rapidly. And of course they are a mouthful compared to my old worn down dentures. I've been grinding on those suckers for 25 years and they are flat. The new ones are real choppers. I can chop up a spoonful of fukujinzuke in no time at all. It took a while to get here:

The first problem was a cancelled-rescheduled appointment. Then there were delays between visits totalling at least a month (probably more like six weeks). Then there was the problem of scheduling the next appointment: the secretary/receptionist was out to lunch (tap) after several appointments and the next appointments had to be done by tele(thump)phone. I hate using the (tap) telephone. Then there was the 'wax try-in.' Finally!

The wax model contained the actual teeth to be installed in the final edition. The wax model was a disaster: there was so little room for my tongue to maneuver that I lisped like a pansy when I tried to speak. Also the teeth were waaay too small. They might have worked for a little old lady (boom) but not for a robust (tap) male like me. I hated them (boom) although the dentist seemed to like them. The dentist let me take them home with me with the proviso that I not keep the models in my mouth for more than ten (tap) minutes at a time 'Because that would soften the wax and the models would become deformed.' Utter Bullshit.

I took photographs which compared the wax models to my very first dentures.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?