Friday, October 06, 2006

 

The Albatross


(7)

I recently did a test run on a 'personal dating service' site. I flunked the questionaire because I am not single. So it looks like I will have to lie if I want to meet my True Love electronically. Bummer. But there is even more of a problem: the faggot Gerash can see my computer screen. Therefore he would be able to see who I was involved with. He would then be able to influence her, or even impersonate her. Can you imagine Gerash and me involved in a lovey-dovey electronic correspondence? Gross... In fact, very creepy.

Can I do another picture? Yep. This is my Citabria, bought in about 1977. In those days I had visions of getting Kootch interested in flying and teaching the kids how to fly, and other stuff. It was an old airplane (tap) as you can see: no modern spring steel gear like 5087X. I bought this airplane pre-Acid. I realized, post-Acid, that it was all vanity, and I dropped it.

Three one Victor turned out to be an Albatross. This the only airplane I ever flew drunk. For your information, flying airplanes while drunk is about as easy as driving cars while drunk. The photograph was taken at Arapahoe County Airport where I tied it down for a fee. I suspect that the airplane was sabotaged by Gerash: on one occasion while I was flying with Stan Paules the rear 'stick' became inoperative because the nut-bolt attachments 'failed.' Luckily I was flying in the front seat - not that Stan would not have been able to land us safely.

On another occasion while Kootch and I were flying back to Denver from Lake McConaughy the engine began to overheat. We landed and checked out the engine but could find nothing wrong. After the engine cooled down we resumed the flight back to Denver, but the engine overheated again. We landed safely at Arapahoe. The problem disappeared after I reported it to the local maintenance outfit. About all they did was change the oil.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?