Friday, September 01, 2006

 

What is Her Story?


(2)

For what seems like years now, my attention has been attracted to this airplane. Every time I drive north on south Broadway I see it. What is the story behind it? Why is that luscious female imprisoned, so to say, on the roof of a building. Shouldn't she be soaring above us? I think so. But instead she just sits there on the roof, wings clipped, like an angel enduring punishment. What is her story?

She looks to me like a twin-engined ultralight capable of handling one pilot. I like the look of her. There is obviously plenty of directional control with the two rudders, and plenty of attitude control as well, given the generous elevator. So what is her problem? Wings too short? Engines too small? My impression is that her owner is afraid to fly her, preferring to show her off as some sort of 'trophy mate.'

So she just sits there, looking beautiful. What a waste.

By the way, I took this photograph today on the way back from King Soopers, just for you.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?