Friday, September 01, 2006

 

Mother Nature

(5)

I just reread, 'He Never Said a Word.' Here is a tidbit I forgot to mention: after we tied the airplane down at Stapleton I noticed that there was an icesickle on the nose spinner. It was solid ice, about an inch long. I don't remember any other ice on the airplane.

A personal note relating to a concept to which I referred recently, 'tolerance' (stomp): 'Tolerance' is real. 'Tolerance' is as real with Alcohol as it is with LSD. I have verified this fact again tonight. Two days ago I wrote my usual stuff on 13 beers and one shot of whiskey. We all loved it, but two days later (tonight) I find myself a victim of 'tolerance.' There was no 'magic feeling' as I downed my first few beers tonight and I knew that the culprit was, 'tolerance.' Let this be a lesson to you alcoholics out there.

Going back to the pope and George Weigel concerning the Dignity of Man, I have to laugh at Weigel, at least. Weigel is a typical religious fool who can not see that if all men will live forever then man is not special: man is a generic product of Dubious Deity, who will either burn His designs forever as punishment, or reward them with the ability to spout flowery Latin praises.

What George Weigel and the pope and all other religious nutcakes fail to understand about Human Beings is that our very mortality is the thing that makes us holy. We are one of a kind. We will never do this again. We will never return. We have our one chance. We can try to understand Nature before we die, or we can lose ourselves in egoistic pursuits, ignoring Nature.

To paraphrase a certain poet whom I admire, 'The proper study of mankind is...' Nature.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?