Friday, September 22, 2006

 

Marci Wanted to Know

(1)

Well, that last entry is somewhat dubious. It might have been a 'pre-Acid' photograph. I don't know. In any case I did not become interested in 'Eastern Religion' until much later in the mid-late '80s and early '90s. The note on the photo was certainly done after I became acquainted with Zen.

Today a woman asked me about my grandchildren. Did I have any? How many? I told her that I had at least one, hoping that would satisfy her (boom). We gabbed another minute or so while she told me about her's (one - another on the way). She then asked me again: 'How many grandchildren? (boom)' I was forced to reply, 'I don't Know. My daughters and I are estranged. It's very tragic.' She seemed satisfied. 'Because of a stalker' I (tap) said. She seemed satisfied.

It was an embarrassing moment. The woman was a dental assistant. I am in the process of getting new dentures prior to leaving Denver. (That in itself is a fascinating story which I will relate to you later.) Over the two months or so that I have been involved with these nice people we have sort of 'got to know each other' a little bit. Not much. Just enough to discuss grandchildren.

So, are you equally curious? Do you also want to know? I just asked Kootch. The answer is five: two boys, three girls. Great-grandchildren? Kootch doesn't know. When did she last check? About three years ago. So now we all know. And the next time I see Marci, Marci will know too.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?