Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Her's, Not Mine


(5)

Since I'm here I should include pictures of
Jenny during this time. Isn't she lovely? Both our daughters were lovely girls. I think Kathy was already married by the time she did Acid, but Jenny was still in high school. You could say that Acid was part of her education in the form of, 'home schooling.' I take full responsibility, of course, for that. Was it wise? Foolish? I will probably never know. One thing is very clear: during this time in our lives I was the master, the moral and philosophical head of household. I chose the path less traveled. My children were my experiment. The most interesting thing about this 'path' I chose is that 'my children' were really Kootch's children. I was acting on what was ultimately an illusion: they were actually hers, not mine.

This fact became obvious when neither of them expressed any interest in my love of airplanes. Nor did either of them express any interest in my love of chess. They were their mother's daughters, not mine. They were beautiful nevertheless. I chalked it all up to their 'feminality.'

And I was right, I think, in that evaluation: they were her's, not mine! Never mine!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?