Friday, September 22, 2006

 

First High


(4)

Here is Daddy, mommy, Charlie, and Kootch. This was taken during Kootch's 'afro phase.' For some mysterious reason (boom) Kootch wore an 'afro' for about a year or two.

Daddy's name is Mark Sandstrom. Mark introduced us to drugs in the sense that he was able to connect. It was back in the 'Vietnam era' of the late '70s. I was very interested in Pot back in those times because I considered myself part of the 'counterculture.' I had read a lot about it and wanted to try it. I was also interested in Acid. I had heard great things about both Pot and Acid (tap).

Mark made it known to us (as our son-in-law) that he had drug connections: he could get pot!

I was skeptical by that time: I had tried 'Pot' already from two different sources. Both encounters yielded nothing. I had begun to think that Pot was actually a myth. Mark assured me that Pot was not a myth. So I agreed to try some Pot which Mark supplied from his 'sources.'


One fine night Mark produced his Pot. He rolled it into a Joint. He lit up. He passed it around. We all took a 'hit.' Mark and I took several hits. My thinking at the time was that if there was anything at all to this, 'Pot' then I'd better inhale as much of it as possible. Kootch and the kids did not inhale as much as did Mark and I. I had probably already had a beer or two as was my custom at the time. Within minutes We all began to feel the Pot. Kootch got up and pulled the plug on the telephone. I made my way to the familyroom couch. I don't know exactly what the kids did. One thing soon became clear to me: I was suddenly higher than I had ever been in my life. I literally hung on to the couch for dear life. Time slowed down - waaaay down. It was my first encounter with that particular attribute of a Marijuana high. I watched tv in a kind of dreamlike state for the next two hours. Finally I came down.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?