Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Gerash Pulls the Plug?

(4)

Mel Gibson attacks. After the 'headline' you may have to click the go button to hear the rest of the brief report.

The End is Near. Let's all hope that Jesus arrives soon.

Games. Speaking of games I've been playing a lot of Sudoku lately. I also rediscovered online chess the other day. Got an email from Comcast about their games and decided to check whether chess was among the offerings. It was and it was free, so I 'signed up' (created a screen name), and began to play. Most of the folks I played were in the 'beginner' class, but one guy whose screen name was, 'walkswithgod' (I may have missed a capital or two) was pretty good. I am wondering whether his screen name refers to his religious predelections or his level of play, or both. My screen name is 'Daruma.' If you see me in the playing room then by all means sit down and play a game.

Only one of the beginners wanted to play me a second game, 'gottagotta.' After his first loss he chatted, 'Sorry about that. Distracted.' He was apparently apologizing for his poor play. Just as he was about to be checkmated in the second game I got the message, 'connection lost,' and that was the end of that game. I thought, 'Hmm. Could it have been Walter Gerash?' The name does imply a compulsion. Also, Gerash controlled the phone line and could pull the plug at will, back when I was using msn dialup. Have his 'technicals' figured out a way for him to 'pull the plug' on my cable connection? Could well be...

It took me a while to figure out the 'chat' feature, and so friendly greetings went unanswered. Also, after losing the first two games by forfiet I figured out that there is a one minute time limit on moves. There may also be a game limit (as, for example, in 5-minute chess). My advice would be to sign in as a 'guest' until you have figured how things work.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?