Friday, July 07, 2006

 

I Wimp Out on the Egyptians

(1)

Been enjoying (enduring?) a fun new game of C-III this week. It began auspiciously: I got the entire continent to myself, no assholish neighbors. Then the Russians showed up; then the Egyptians. The Ruskis were unwise enough to build a city on 'my' continent, and when the Egyptians attacked that city (unsuccessfully) I destroyed it and established one of my own, then made peace with them. But they attacked me later, And so I bribed the Egyptians onto going to war with me against the Russians. But about halfway through our 20-move agreement the Barfalonians attacked me! So I made peace with Russia while I defended against the Barfs. This pissed off the Egyptians. (Being RF'd here at 1327.) Not only that: I got the reputation of not living up to my agreements and as a result nobody would ally with me. Things went downhill from there. I ended up fighting most of the rest of the world (even France!) simultaneously as, one by one, they attacked me. I survived, of course, due to my excellent defensive skills. I eventually made peace with each of them and was able to finish off Russia. As matters now stand, I am waaay behind in technology, although I dominate the world in terms of sheer military power. It's going to be a long slog. Moral of the story: keep your agreements, at least in C-III.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?