Friday, July 28, 2006

 

Fuck the Air Force!

(4)

When it came time to leave The Goose I felt duty-bound to inform Kootch of my infidelity. We had corresponded by letter and audio tape all the while we were apart, and so I broke the news to her in a letter. There was no way I could do it on tape. Kootch never answered my letter. I had suggested that since she was already in Japan with the kids, she had the moral right to stay in Japan with them and divorce me. I had planned, in the event Kootch elected to stay in Japan, to go the alternative route: move (eventually) to Detroit where Ellinor and I could hook up across the border.

Kootch decided to return to The States and wait for me at my mother's house. When I saw the (being gassed here - LLG) look on my mother's face as she answered the door in Atlanta I knew the answer.

Kootch forgave me (tap), leaving me with the other extremely unpleasant task of informing My Schatze in Goose Bay. (She nevertheless visited me later in Rapid City South Dakota. We had a tearful goodbye. I remember following her bus to the next city one night, looking in vain for one last glimpse of her.)

Kootch and I and the kids made our way to our new assignment at Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City SD. There we finished out our tour. I had grown to dislike military service intensely by that time and when our tour was over we headed for the closest (tap) metropolis, Denver Colorado. I knew I could get a job there as an electronic technician. Fuck the Air Force!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?