Monday, July 17, 2006

 

And Another...


(2)

Our official wedding picture. We were married twice, for some reason, two days apart. I think the other marriage was done at the American Embassy to satisfy governmental requirements. I was a (lapsed) Catholic at the time. Kootch agreed to 'convert' from her vague cultural mix of Shintoism and Buddhism and we were 'married in the Church.' She took her instructions from a French missionary who lived in Tokyo, a 'Father Michel' (pronounced 'Michelle'). He was also the priest who married us. Nice fella!

Apparently the instructions didn't 'take.' Kootch showed no interest in attending Sunday mass when we were reunited later in Salina, Kansas. That was fine with me. In fact I was relieved that she wouldn't be dragging me to church every Sunday.

My last confession was to Father Michel. What an ordeal! All that pussy... I think the good father was shocked, but he recovered well.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?