Friday, June 09, 2006

 

What do I Have Against the Greeks? Nothing.

(1)

The planned invasion went well and Delhi was taken on schedule. I then flew in eight bombers to be used in concert with tank force attacks against adjacent cities. The new airport allowed for fast and massive reinforcement of existing tank units, and the campaign against the Aztecs proceeded, city by city. The two flanking carrier groups, meanwhile, kept the seas clear of Aztec naval forces, while at the same time bombing cities to 'soften them up' prior to tank force attacks. You will be pleased to know, Zane, that I freed all Indian slaves (workers) immediately, allowing them to become happy, productive citizens again. I will eventually free the Aztec workers too, of course, but right now I need those slaves to help me rebuilt the infrastructure.

It took us twenty turns to defeat the Aztecs, and only France stood with me 'til the end. Both the Brits and the Greeks made an early peace, around move 15 or so, The Brits apparently picking up a large reward in Aztec gold in the process. Naughty! The war was spectacular in visual terms as four different navies prowled the Aztec waters bombarding everything in sight. Only France was able to field an air force (besides me of course), and it seemed to arrive on scene just as I was about to capture a city. Instead of bombing the city itself the French forces would bomb the surrounding infrastructure, destroying it. Irritating. But I must admit that I did the same thing to France early in the war.

I am now in the process of preparing an attack against the Greeks, upgrading tanks to modern armor and moving them toward Greece. My naval forces are also on the move toward Greece. Yas... Soon those many Greek territorial violations against me will be avenged... Grrr.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?