Friday, June 16, 2006

 

See You in Non Serviam

(5)

Well, well. This must be an example of 'booze momentum:' Once you get started in a particular blog while you toss back a few you are likely to remain in that blog. Time for me to wrap this up and head for Non Serviam. But not before I bring you up to date C-IIIwise.

I finished off the Greeks quickly with about 90 Modern Armor, then began a new game. I chose The Russians and The Germans to replace the Greeks and the INDIAns. Nothing personal. I was just rebelling against Mister Headbanger upstairs who seems to resent me destroying certain civilizations, like Russians and Germans. So far there have been only headbangs; no stomps. I expect stomps when I disassemble the Germans. Meanwhile the Russians are kaput. Following the rule to 'attack the weak' I blew Russia away in a few moves.

Amazingly, France attacked me! This happened soon after France and I split up England. The Brits had been so unwise as to establish a city on 'my' continent, and when an obviously superior France attacked them I took the opportunity to take that city into the New Roman Democracy. The Germans attacked me first, an incident which remains unavenged. But France?! My Sweetie?! I reacted appropriately, of course, by bribing both the Aztecs and the Babylonians into going to war with me against France. Meanwhile I was 'playfighting' against France. My real interests were, in order, the Russians (they were weak and nearby), the Aztecs (they had the desirable Great Wonder, Magellan's Voyage), and the Germans (simple revenge). I will put up with French antics to the point that we two will be the ultimate survivors.

The real challenge of this game was at the beginning when I was attacked by the Persians. For no reason! It was 'touch and go' there for a while, but once I had successfully denied them Iron my victory was assured. I eventually destroyed them.

See you in Non Serviam.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?