Friday, May 12, 2006

 

Rubber Tycoon

(1)

With apologies to Lou Dobbs...

England is no more, having been absorbed into the French and Roman empires. So sad. I'll miss negotiating with the pale, buxom Elizabeth. The music was glorious too. (But I can also hear it during negotiations with Joan of Ark. Would I have defended England only for that music? YBYSAIWH.) In point of fact it was I, Ceasar, who took the last English city. The French and English war had been going on so long that the people of both countries had overthrown their respective democracies and installed Communist Dictatorships. And since the French were unable to administer a coup de gras because they could not build Tanks (no rubber), I felt it my duty to terminate the misery of the English people. So far, the English population appear to be enjoying their new status as Roman citizens.

This brings up the important point that I now control the world's rubber supply, While France controls most of the world's oil: bad news for the Babylonians and the Chinese.

My people are enjoying being involved in only one war (with Babylon), and that we are 'closing in,' so to say. I am using one of my two carrier/attack forces in the Babylonian war, while the other has been left stationed just off the coast of China. The eight bombers of that group have been transferred to a Babylonian city near the current fighting and are pounding the enemy, alongside their brothers on the carrier/attack force offshore. Babylon infrastructure is in shambles. The crunch will soon come, however, in the form of increasing 'war-weariness' among the Roman citizenry.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?