Monday, May 15, 2006

 

A New Game

(1)

Well folks, I went on to win that war with Babylon. The war with China had to wait until I had learned the technology (Synthetic Fibers) to build Modern Armor. Once that was achieved I upgraded all my tanks and attacked. China, with only infantry to defend it, lasted only three turns. This left only France and Rome (and one small Babylonian city in the middle of the ocean somewhere). Back in the 'old days' I would have finished off both France and Babylon, but nowadays I always stop here and begin a new game. The reason is that at this point the win is only a matter of 'technique' (as we say in chess). Tedious technique.

So I began another game yesterday. As usual, only a military victory is allowed, the world is 'normal-sized, warm, wet, and archipelago.' I allow 'accelerated production' and do not allow the 'preserve random seed' function. So far I have had my first war with Persia (as usual) but have not destroyed them. I am in contact with only three other civilizations at this time, and fully two thirds of this new world has yet to be discovered (C-III always creates a totally different world every time you start a new game). The World Map is mostly dark. I know the identities of the other civilizations yet to be discovered because I selected them at the beginning of the game: France, Greece, Babylon, and India. I never allow the game to select my opponents randomly.

I have learned never to select Russia, Germany, or America, because the ugly old Jewish queer upstairs seems to identify with all three. I suppose he likes Germany because the Kaiser is bald with a moustache; Russia because that is his ancestry, and America for the obvious reason that he wishes to appear patriotic. Whenever I select one or more of the 'forbidden three' I must endure a series of stomps and wallbangs whenever I am at war with the selected civilization.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?